Thursday, January 21, 2010

My booty!

I have been managing my time much better these days and finding that I have more time to do the things that I enjoy, such as crocheting. I have made several scarves and a handful of hats with the help of the knifty knitter, but with the baby on the way and my toes always cold I thought why not try baby booties! It turned out to be a little more complicated than I thought. The first day I spent an hour and a half trying to get the bottom figured out. I didn't understand it at first, but just kept undoing and re-doing and finally figured it out. The rest of the booty wasn't as difficult, but I defiantly think it will be a while before I can do it without instruction. I think I will try to make the match to this one and another pair or two just for practice. I am proud to say the least of myself for persevering and learning something new and overcoming the challenges. (i.e. being left handed)

The bottom and most challenging to say the least
The base (pretty straight forward part)

The top of the toe (a little tricky, my toe is a little long compared to how much room there is for the ankle, but I figure it would fit a newborn)
The finished product!! Not perfect, but for a first time I am thinking it's not to shabby

3 comments:

Kathleen said...

cute!! I'm glad you are still finding time to crochet. The booty looks nice! :)

Rolfe Bautista said...

those are great. I am learning to knit and eventually crochet

Unknown said...

It is adorable!!!! Great job!!