Saturday, January 9, 2010

Hip hip hooray!

Meal time has been such a struggle in our house. Sometimes I felt like i was making three different meals and it was really wearing on me. Lilly has a very distinct taste pallet just like her daddy, and she has a ton of stubbornness to back it up. It seemed like every night she would choose to skip lunch and dinner and only eat breakfast and a handful of snacks. I was never really worried about it and never really pushed her too much, but recently she started asking for snack right after she would get down from the table, so I figured out she must just not want to eat what I was offering. Frustrated and not sure what to do I just flat out told her "this is what you get to eat, so either you eat it of you go hungry". I wasn't really sure if this would work or not, because I wasn't sure if she would understand all of those words put together, but after a few minutes she asked to get back up to the table and she ate the stew and all of the vegetables. Since then has been wonderful. She now eats breakfast lunch AND dinner and even a bonus, she eats her veggies without me asking even broccoli. Last night for dinner she ate a whole half a quesadilla and a whole bowl of fruit! Not even one complaint other than she wanted ranch to dip in. Thank God for answered prayers, my battle is over...for now.

No comments: