Friday, October 21, 2011

August

August was a pretty laid back month for us. We were still feeling pretty frazzled about what had been going on and we were trying to collect ourselves and figure out what we were going to do. Ziff spent most every day all day looking for and applying to jobs and I decided I wanted to try to home preschool Lilly. I have been wanting to put her into a preschool program to help her continue to grow and develop, but with our situation it didn't seem like the right time, so I attempted to do it myself. I spent a lot of hours putting together plans and ideas and was very excited to get started.
First we learned about bugs. We read some books and did a few crafts. We also worked on recognizing a few bug related words.

Next up we learned about rainbows. We learned our primary colors and what happens when we mix 2 primary colors together.

We sorted fruit loops by color


We counted out our fruit loops

And we had a rainbow fruit salad.

There were a lot of other things I wasn't able to get pictures of because I was busy helping them. We did more crafts, read lots of books and did more hands on activities.

It wasn't easy and I eventually had to take a break for personal reasons, but I am hoping that slowly I can work us back into doing more crafts and reading and learning activities. Lilly seemed to enjoy it and it was really good for her to have something to work at and keep her busy. Both kids are like sponges and thrive on learning new things. Hopefully in the next few weeks I will be able to gather more ideas together and will jump back in.

No comments: