Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Presents, cake, and family



Since we had planned on being in Washington to celebrate Kyle's big day I was thrown off when we ended up staying in Fort Collins for an extra month. Since we weren't with family and our means were very limited we decided to keep it small. Just the 4 of us.

Lilly and Ziff went out in the morning on his birthday in search of some good birthday presents. They decided a Mater theme would be fun so all of the presents and small decorations were Mater. Since I didn't have my own oven or my baking stuff I sadly bought him his first cake. I settled on an extra large cupcake with a smaller one stacked on top and small cupcakes for the family. We spent the day opening presents, playing, eating cake and just enjoying the special day together.

I hope looking back Kyle will feel all the love we have for him and the specialness we tried to bring to his birthday despite our rocky times.


No comments: