Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Hometown fun

Most people don't know but I was born in a small town just outside of Spokane called Chewelah and my family had a farm in between Chewelah and Spokane. I don't get to go back very often but when I do it's always a special treat. Not only does Ziff's sister Tabatha and her family live there but my maternal grandma lives there and I feel surrounded my memories of my mom.

We spent most of our trip hanging out and relaxing in Tab's new backyard. The weather was fabulous most of the days and so it made for great outside relaxing, bbq-ing and water balloon fights. One day we decided to pack a picnic and take a little nature in. It was quite impressive and the views were magnificent. Our last morning there Tab and I got to have some girl time at Starbucks playing farkel and gabbing and nothing is better than a little girl time.

Another day we spent having lunch with my grandma and her man friend and then we took them to the park with us. Since she doesn't get to see the kids that often I thought it might be nice for her to get to watch them at the park. I wish I could have gotten a picture with her and the kids but by the time I thought about it the kids were asleep. I am very grateful however that the kids have had the opportunities to get to spend time with her, even if it seems really brief.

We were sad it was such a short trip but we are hoping to make it back in the next few weeks. I cherish the memories that we are making with my grandma and with Tabatha and her family and I know that there are many more to make.

No comments: