Monday, August 15, 2011

Opa!

I have always loved the movies My Big Fat Greek Wedding. It reminds me so much of my family. Although we are not Greek and we aren't Catholic, but if you look beyond those small details there lies a perfect movie about my family. I don't kid! Which is maybe why I love Greek restaurants so much, a touch of home but then I get to go home to quiet at the end of the night.

My best girls and I had one last official night out at a new Greek restaurant in town called Taverna and let me tell you what the entertainment alone was worth it. There was music and clapping, dancing, fire spiting, and plate breaking. The food was pretty good too.

As always we had good conversation and enjoyed each others company and Kathleen who was in town for a few weeks got to join us also. She brought along Alice so it was an extra special girls night out since it was Alice's first.

I miss going out with these ladies. They keep me sane. They are always there for me and always ready to listen advice and comforting words at the draw. I can't wait till I can go back and we can have a mini reunion.

No comments: