Monday, December 20, 2010

Keeping busy

Art projects, art class, playgroups, and baking are just a few of the things we have done this month to keep us busy and active. I have found that the age and stage that Lilly is at right now she needs a lot of structure and activity which has posed its challenges with an extra kiddo. Talk about juggling. I thought that I was starting to get into a nice groove with the 2 kids, but then when I started adding more things to my plate, I realized that the groove is ever evolving. I have learned to plan and prepare a little better and have taken the motto "always be prepared" to a whole new level.

We have tried to take advantage of some of the recreation programs that are offered here, like a Christmas themed and art/cooking class. It was fun, but I am glad we didn't have to pay but 4 dollars for it because it was slightly disappointing from a mother's perspective. I have also tried to created some art projects at home for Lilly. Learning from my experiences, with these, they are best prepared the night before so that Lilly is given the instructions and has structure to the project and that way she seems to enjoy them. Two of our projects this month were a countdown to Santa and building a snowman. We also baked some cookies together for a church event, which Lilly loves to bake so was a huge hit. And as always we had our playgroup each week, although this month we tried to change them up and make them a little extra special. One week we did a little pajama movie party, another week we decorated gingerbread houses and had a little gift exchange and another week we made ornaments.It was a busy month filled with lots of little day activities, but it was a great way to pass the time, since it has been to chilly to play outdoors. I think January will be a fun month too!

No comments: