Friday, December 3, 2010

Candy and costumes



What is the meaning behind Halloween? I found myself pondering this when trying to explain the holiday to Lilly this year. So the best description I could come up with for a 2 year old is that it is a fun day where you get to dress up in a special costume, spend time with friends, and eat lots of candy. With that Lilly was all about Halloween. This year I wanted to get creative with their costumes making them a pair; like milk and cookies, a football player and cheerleader, or the princess and the frog. But I just didn't have it in me to buy a big elaborate costume or put a ton of effort into Kyle's since he would be in a carseat for most of the time. I do have something up my sleeve for next year though. But like always though I did put something together for each of them. Lilly was a princess and Kyle a skeleton aka Mr. Bones. We didn't trick or treat on Halloween and we didn't go to the treatsylvania like last year, but we did go to the carnival at church and we went trick or treating in old town on the Friday before. Lilly got plenty of candy and had a great time. She loved the carnival especially where she got to play games, go through mazes, be in a parade, get her face painted and trunk or treated.

No comments: