Sunday, November 14, 2010

Beaches

One of the things about my childhood that I remember most is how much time I spent at the beach. My grandpa went to a senior center right on the beach and so every day that he went during the summer my sister and I went with him, which was usually at least 3. We spent lots of weekends out there too. It was almost like my away from home backyard. We even took field trips to the beach in school. As I grew up I remember keepingthat love of the beach. It was a place I could go when I felt out of sorts or when things weren't going so great. It was a place that I felt a little closer to God and to my mom. Cheesy I know, but the beach brings that out in me. I was so excited to share this love with Lilly and to help start to build some of the same wonderful memories that my grandpa helped me to build. I wanted to show her the ocean and the sand and all of the neat shells and crabs. Lilly seemed to really enjoy it. We found a ton of shells, lots, of crabs, dug holes, built sand castles and dipped our toes into the ocean. Kyle wasn't quite old enough to enjoy all that the beach has to offer, but I'm pretty sure he had a good time. I cannot wait to take her and Kyle back.
She decided that the sand was a great place to practice her forward rolls

She loved throwing the rocks into the water.

No comments: