Monday, November 1, 2010

Straight

Lilly has watched me straighten my hair day after day, and it finally dawned on her that she doesn't have straight hair. She doesn't get her beautiful curls from me, mine is just wavy, she gets them from her Grandma Reed, but in recent weeks she has decided that she needs straight hair like mommy. I don't do it very often as it takes a long time and is hard because it's so hot, but one day I decided I would oblige her and straighten it. It took forever and even after 15 min or so her curls were just to powerful. I wasn't able to get it perfectly straight, but the result was astonishing. She looked like a whole other little girl. Ziff and I decided that we prefer her sweet curls and by afternoon they had come back on their own. Every now and again she'll ask for straight hair, but most of the time I just reassure her she has beautiful curls and doesn't need straight hair. She likes it when you tell her she's pretty! :-)

No comments: