Friday, December 11, 2009

Thanksgiving


It has taken me forever to blog lately. Lots has been going on but it's all our same usual routine...plus I feel like sometimes I blog mostly for myself so I have slowed down a little, but anyhoo. Thanksgiving this year was great. We stayed home and celebrated our little family. This year was much easier than last. In fact we were kind of excited to be all together with no where to go and no one to worry about but each other. Ziff went with some guys from church to play a turkey bowl, which I know was the highlight of his day, since last year that's all he talked about was how he wished he knew some guys to play with. I was really excited to cook, I love all the yummy food of thanksgiving and I love the feeling of cooking all day. It was my second year cooking a turkey and I must say it turned out rather nicely. I also tried out 2 recipes that I had never cooked before but had as a kid, green bean casserole and sweet potato scuffle. I think both need some practice to perfect but they turned out pretty good. When we woke up we all watched the parade which surprisingly Lilly was really into however it was not really Ziff's thing he read the newspaper ads while we watched. I really thought this year Lilly was going to be able to make it through dinner, but with her naps being short sometimes and needing 2 she sadly did not. She started to eat with us but then decided she didn't like the food and was acting very tired so she went down for a rest. After Lilly went to be we put up the Christmas tree, we waited till she was down because although she'd like to help I think we are going to wait till next year to let her. But when she woke up the next morning she was really excited to see the tree and is always asking to turn on the lights. It was a great thanksgiving and each year I find it's getting better and better. I can't wait to see what the future holds.

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

whaaat!!! I read your blog!!!