Saturday, December 26, 2009

Sledding Take 1


Taking a walk...my sweet little bear


*Lilly at the bottom of the hill waving*

There seems to be a lot more snow than last year, which is great, Lilly is getting to a point where she now appreciates it and wants to play in it. Although with the snow some freezing cold temps so you can only stand to be outside for maybe twenty to thirty minutes max. There were a several of Lilly's friends who had already been sledding and I was for some reason avoiding it, but with the most recent snow I got the guts to take Lilly out. I wasn't sure how she was going to like it. Some of her friends liked it and some hated it. I decided to "make" a sled for Lilly out of an old plastic laundry basket, an old blanket for bum padding, and an old scarf to pull it. At first I was bummed it wasn't a real sled but I think that worked to our advantage, Lilly felt comfortable and safe in it. We got all bundled up and started our journey to the hill after a few photos. It was going great Lilly was thirilled, and then all of the sudden we hit a bump and she tipped over, she was a little freaked out and I tried to clean as much snow off as I could but she just kept saying "all done, all done". I convinced her to stay in a bit longer so we could go down the hill. We could only go down the hill once though because sill mommy couldn't climb back up it, let alone climb back up and pull her. I wasn't wearing snowshoes and kept falling on my bum, so we had to take the long walk home all the way around. We were out about 45 min and by the time we got back home my lungs were burning from pulling Lilly in the cold. When we got home and I let Lilly out she wanted to walk around for a bit and stretch her legs and after a few minutes of that we headed inside to warm up. It was a fun fun morning.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Glad you two had such a fun adventure in the snow!!! I love her 'sled', too. Hugs from Grandma <3