Wednesday, December 30, 2009

G&G

I love my grandparents dearly. And I felt I needed to take a moment and dedicate it to who they have helped me to become. Growing up they were more parents to my sister and I than my dad. We lived with them for many years and even when we didn't live with them we visited every weekend. Needless to say our bond was very close. As a little girl I remember just watching my grandma do her daily chores and never EVER complain. It's just who she was and I think she truly loved it. She had her own laundry room downstairs and I remember going down there and sitting on the laundry basket for hours watching her iron. She ironed everything, jeans, shirts, pjs, undies, sheets, & tablecloths. You name it she ironed it. Regardless I loved watching her. We never really talked, but we didn't need too, it was our quiet time. My grandma was and still is a fa-nominal women. She used to scrub the kitchen floor on her knees every week, and dinner was always promptly on the table at 5:30 (a tradition that I try to carry on) and her dinners were always made with love and from scratch. Rarely did we eat out. As I get older I am starting to see that all of my hours watching my grandma have rubbed off on me, because I too find pleasure in serving my husband (meaning being a loving understanding wife who tries not to pick fights and taking care of him), cleaning my home, doing laundry, ironing, and all of the other wonderful things she did. Without her guidance, which at the time I'm sure she felt like was never going to pay off, as most parents have felt at some point, I would be a total mess and have no idea how to be domestic. I have 2 of the best women living inside of me, my mom and my grandma and I couldn't ask for better people to guide me. I love you grandma and you will always be with me!

No comments: