Sunday, December 20, 2009

Ching-ching -ching


One afternoon before playgroup I was running around trying to get some last minute things done. I thought they were going to take less time than they did but I move a lot slower these days. Anyways Lilly was having another mommy day, one where she just wanted to be carried around and I was trying to make soup, write cards, pack snacks, and get myself ready to go all of which are much harder with a baby on your hip. Thankfully Ziff was home so I asked him if he could please rescue me and keep Lilly entertained for a bit while I finished up and he was so quick to say yes, it was a delight. He has grown into such an amazing dad. Lilly is always full of smiles and laughs when he is around. But on this particular day I was overly impressed with his daddy skills. Lilly is just starting to get into imaginative play and Ziff is coming around to the idea of this can be really fun. So he took our wrapping paper rolls that were empty and turned them into swords. Lilly was THRILLED! She was laughing so hard and after daddy showed her how to use the sword she got the hang of it, cornered daddy and beat him up. Not literally of course, but imaginatively she slayed the dragon. At one point she went to hide behind the couch to sneak attack him and he threw his sword at her. She of course being smarter than that kept the sword and attacked. Daddy asked me to grab his sword for him and so I did and I tossed it back to him and Lilly turned and charged me! After the battle was over it was time to ride away on the horses to find the treasure (her shoes, socks, and jacket) and so magically the swords turned into horses and they rode away to find the treasure. I know I was supposed to be getting things finished but how could I not stop and stare in awe at this wonderful memory unfolding before me? The answer I think is pretty clear, I couldn't.

No comments: