Monday, August 24, 2009

Summer Days



Our summer has been filled with so many fun things. Playing with friends, hiking, swimming, going to birthday parties, but I have to say what we love best are those fun days just hanging out at the park. Last week Tyler and Lilly begged us to take them to the park, so we caved :-) like always and we took them to the best park in town. It has a huge sand box, a kiddie play area, a big kid play area, and a water play area. Lilly has always been a bit fearful of this park. Ziff and I have never been able to figure out why but she just clams up and clings to our legs. But not on this day...the one day I was ready to sit and chat with Kathleen and catch up...Lilly decided this was the day she would branch out and explore. It was so warm out that morning that the kiddos were all read and sweaty so we decided to take them into the water. From the pictures I am sure you can tell they had a blast. I still got my chatting in and am very glad Lilly was able to overcome her fear of this park because it really is a fun park. By the time we were pulling out of the park to head home for nap Lilly was already asleep :-) I guess she had a fun morning . And thanks to Kathleen we got some great mommy daughter picture moments, there never seem to be enough of those :-)

No comments: