Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Flutters


My favorite butterfly at the exhibit

Lilly wanted to touch the butterfly so bad Ziff had to hold her back


Ziff and Lilly checking out the bugs

Before we drove all the way to Winter park we made a pit stop in Westminster at the butterfly pavilion. I love butterflies and have been bugging ziff to go with Lilly and I there. I want to share my love of butterflies with them as much as possible. It is something that makes me feel so close to my mom and Lilly's grandma because when I was little my mom used to take my sister and I on walks to "hunt" butterflies. We kept the ones that we found already dead in special boxes lined with cotton. It is one of the few things that I remember about my mom and I try to keep the memory close (per my tattoo) and in some way I think my love of butterflies has taught me about all the transformations we go through in life, and about how something may may start out not looking so great, but through a little work will turn out beautifully as it was meant to be. Anyways, back to the trip... It was great as I had hoped Lilly loved the butterflies, she wanted to chase and touch and hold them. It was great. We also got to see bugs. Tarantulas, beatles, cockroaches, and bees. I wasn't a fan of that part but Ziff took her around to see all of the different ones and even got up close and personal with a real tarantula. She took it all in and had a smile on the whole time. And Ziff had a smile one too, he kept saying how cool this place was and that is was so much better than the one in Seattle. :-) I was so glad they both enjoyed it so much. We spent almost and hour there but it felt like it was only a half hour or so because we here having such a good time.

No comments: