Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Girl girl girl


It is so funny to think back to when we found out what the sex of our baby was. In my heart knew it was a girl (we had been talking about Lilly Kay way before she was ever a twinkle in our eye we had the name and everything) but Ziff really wanted it to be a boy. The night before our ultrasound I remember lying in bed and Ziff leaned over and started talking to my tummy. He said "make sure we can get a good clear view of you baby" and he kissed the belly goodnight after giving more instructions to the belly which i don't remember.The next day Ziff and I met my sister Chante and the ultra sound place and got into our room ready to see our baby. The tech said " I have never seen a more positive result for the sex of a baby" and then she asked if anyone else could tell. I kind of could, but Chante beat me to the punch and yelled out "it's a girl". Ziff looked stunned. I almost thought he was going to faint, all he could manage to say was, "can you check again please" Lilly's legs were spread wide open still for us to see it was indeed a girl. The next picture we tried to get was of her profile...and we caught Lilly giving daddy a thumbs up as if to say "it's okay daddy, girls are fun", it was so perfect. I say all this to say that I think it is hilarious how girly Lilly is. She love all things pink and she loves accessories, sunglasses, jewelry, shoes, and purses. Oh it's adorable! For her birthday she got a few Lilly sized purses that she loves to fill up and carry around even though she still tries occasionally to carry my big ones around. Ziff loves every bit of her now and has come to be entertained by how girly she is. Lilly knew from the beginning that even though she was a girl and not a boy...everything was going to be okay.