Monday, April 30, 2012

Glitter, food, and eggs

One of the things I love about our playgroup is that everyone is always up for a good party. Easter was no exception. I love celebrating with friends on a special separate day from the actual holiday. I know I said that I hate taking from the sanctity of the holiday, but if it's on a separate day and the focus is all about fun with friends isn't it okay? I think so! So Party on!

This year Stacey hosted the party and it was a blast. She had some fun activities planned for the kids and even bunny shaped pasta for lunch. The kids started out by decorating bunny rice crispy treats. I am not sure if there was more munching or decorating going on. Can't put candy in front of kids and expect that they won't eat half of it. That's all part of the fun!After decorating the treats there were butterflies to decorate with fun glitter glue pens. It was a huge hit! what kiddo doesn't love something they can squeeze and spread it all goopy around and sparkles add an extra little bonus.

Everyone was pretty full and satisfied from the bunny treats but they gave a good effort to eat a little lunch. After they all had a few bites they took a few minutes to unwind and watch a little Easter Charlie Brown movie while a couple mommas hid the eggs. A few of the kids tried to escape and I am pretty sure I made a little enemy with Lauren when I caught her halfway out the door and told her she had to come back in, hopefully though before she's 4 she'll forgive me.



 (Kyle might have had a little help with his)





The kids had a great time and I think the older they get the funner throwing parties get (duh right?). It's just different to experience it than to just think it. Love our playgroup. Love our friends. Love parties and can't wait for our next on.

No comments: