Sunday, March 11, 2012

A day of love

As per tradition we celebrated Valentine's day with our playgroup friends having a little party. Special food, cookie decorating, and passing of the valentines. I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to make the kids valentines like I have done in the past but somehow I was able to crank some out. Lilly wanted butterfly valentines and for kyle we made little hearts that looks like sports balls. The party was fun and the kids had a great time.



Valentines day may be a commercial holiday to some and I will say that I fall guilty of sometimes dreaming of the big romantic gestures, but the main reason I love this holiday because it is a day to go above and beyond our normal everyday level and really take the extra measure to make the people we love feel special. I want our kids and my husband to be able to look back at the pictures and read my blog and know that I love them more than anything and that I have tired to go that extra mile to make them feel special.

No comments: