Saturday, February 27, 2010

Dress- up


It tickles me pink to watch as Lilly blossoms into a little girl. She is losing her baby like features and mannerisms and she even has a few freckles now. As she has gotten older she has loved playing with my shoes and can even walk in my heels now. She loves wearing dresses and having her hair pretty. She will reach up and touch her hair and ask us if it is okay (in her own way of course) and she is always trying to show daddy her outfits and pretties for his approval. She loves to play with jewelry too. Luckily I have some of my mom's jewelry which I used to play with when I was little that she now is able to have fun with. One of the other fun bonuses of that is that my mom's ears weren't pierced, so she has a lot of clip on earrings that are very costume-y. I did get rid of some of them merely because back when I first got her jewelry I figured I would never wear them so why keep them, but at least I had sense enough to keep some stuff. It is so fun to watch her enjoy the things that I cherished and still cherish. A piece of my mom will always be with us. I think however I need to round up some more costume like jewelry for her, she isn't a fan of the fake mardi gras necklaces, she'll wear them, but she knows they aren't the "real" thing. I have a feeling we are going to have alot more fun dress up days ahead of us and I can't wait!!!

No comments: