Monday, September 28, 2009

Movin' up

I was begining to grow weary that Lilly and I would spend forever fighting about eating. For over a week she would take a few bites and then she would just shake her head no at me when I would try to give her another bite. I was baffled. We had been working on he using a spoon to feed herself I would put the bite on the spoon and hand it to her and then she would put it in her mouth. It never occurred to me that she wanted to do it all by herself. And she did not want me to interfere. I only found out through my frustration and saying "alright you do it by yourself, I'll be over here" that I realized that all she wanted. She now eats like a champ! Shortly after starting to feed herself, completely, we decided it might be time to end the use of the high chair and just let her eat at the table. Needless to say she loved that idea. She wants to eat snack in her chair and when I ask her if she is hungry she runs to he chair and starts trying to climb up and she will even put her bib on herself now. She is growing up so so so fast, but I love watching her hit all of these important moments. They are truly priceless.



She ate the whole cup of applesauce


Pure joy!

No comments: