Sunday, April 5, 2009

Ring Ring

I cannot figure it out... she has so many nice toys, but her 3 top toys that she absolutely loves are her little rubber ducky, (which I actually have had since I was 18), keys, and mommy or daddy's blackberry phones. The reason I add on the specificity of blackberry is because she will not play with a flip phone, I tried to give her Ziff's old one and she refused to play with it, but when she lays eyes on one of our phones she will do everything in her power to reach for it or knock it off so she can get to it. I have never seen her play with her other toys as long as she plays with phones and keys. It's even so bad that she is worried if she crawls away from it i will pick it up so she crawls one handed with the phone and keys in the other. It cracks me up because we giver her our ring of extra keys and the phone is not such a big deal since she knows she isn't allowed to suck on it. The amazing part of her love for these things is that when she is playing with my phone she types on it (or presses the buttons) just like a grown person would, it's incredible that she grasps the concept of typing, she even holds the phone the right way, she will correct it if she picks it up upside down. The other thing that amazes me it that I usually lock my keys so that she can still light up the screen but cannot actually make any calls or type any messages, and the other day while Ziff and I were talking i looked down and realized she had unlocked the phone and was in fact typing a message. It blew my mind that she had hit all the right keys !!! I always ask her who she is calling or texting and then i always say "are you calling grandpa" and she smiles every time. Needless to say when she can dial the phone grandpa Reed will be getting alot of calls from Lilly, because I think she misses him terribly (since she is always calling him) .

No comments: