Monday, April 27, 2009

First hike

Ziff has been itching to get outdoors. He tried to convince Lilly and I to go camping this past weekend, his plan was leave Saturday morning and get back Sunday around 9 with plenty of time to get ready for church...HA! was our response...the forecast was rain and snow for the entire weekend. Not exactly my idea of camping, especially with a baby. So we settled on going to Eldorado Canyons and going for a hike. Ziff was so excited to be going outdoors that he didn't want to dig out the hiking backpack for Lilly so he ended up using the bijorn and we weren't able to take the really long hike, but it was still a great hike and it was so beautiful. Lilly did great, she didn't complain once, she was just taking it all in, as were Ziff and I. I am so happy to see this picture because the smile on Ziff's face says it all. When we first started the hike there was a large rock off to the side and on it was a snake all coiled up... Ziff thought it was real and startled he jumped back (since we were just talking about rattle snakes and how if you can hear it rattle you are to close (the name of the trail was the rattlesnake head or something like that) I think he was a little freaked) Good to know though if there were a snake that close to us it would be every man for himself and I would have been SOL... good thing it was a copper snake! I laughed so hard because he was freaked out by a fake snake and I knew it. Talk about funny watching a man his size freak out. Although I got my payback, because when we were hiking back down I heard grunting coming from behind me and i squealed and almost fell over in fright only to find out it was only 2 joggers. The guys felt so bad that they startled me, but seriously who wouldn't be freaked out by 2 joggers making that noise with no waring as they are soming up behind you. After our hike we had a picnic out of the back of the car and enjoyed a beautiful drive home. I was a great way to spend a Saturday and I can't wait till we get out more.

No comments: