Saturday, July 20, 2013

Chicken Alfredo Pizza

This summer I set a goal to feed my family healthy meals, but to not spend a ton of time in a hot kitchen. First off with no AC and 95 degree weather, that would be just crazy, and secondly I am tired of meals taking forever to prepare and taking time away from my family. Pinterest has been my best friend through this challenge.
There are so many great ideas out there and I am the type of person who loves to try new things. I told my husband when I first signed up for pinterest that I wasn't just going to pin a bunch of things and never do them, I was actually going to try them and so far I have stayed true to that. This recipe was one that I found on pinterest and originally cam from Here.
Now I have tried a few recipes on pinterest that have claimed to be the best ever, but they have been pretty disappointing. This however was not one of those. My kids scarfed it down and kept thanking me and saying how yummy it was. Mind you they are 3 and 5 so they are pretty particular when it comes to their food. Their other comment was "mom we can't even taste the spinach", which in a way is music to any parent ears. Getting enough veggies into a child's diet can be extremely tough sometimes.

Other benefits to this recipe is that is was really quick. about 10 minutes of prep and 10 minutes to cook it. One of the best tips I have read was about utilizing rotisserie chicken during the summer. All the cooking is done for you and in our house we can use one chicken for 3 meals. We definitely get our money's worth.

So you want to know how I did it? It's semi-homemade and easy!!

Gather all of your ingredients


Flatten out your biscuits and add one spoonful of the progresso starters
Add you fresh chopped spinach, chopped chicken (we used rotisserie) and your cheese

Bake at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes or until edges start to brown and then drizzle with a little more of the recipe starters
If you are a vegetarian or want to have a veggie night you could omit the chicken and use roasted red peppers. The possibilities could be endless with this little recipe. It's a keeper for sure!

No comments: