Tuesday, March 23, 2010

My birthday/ Our anniversary


This years birthday was one of the best yet and as for anniversary's we don't have many to compare to but it was still pretty great! Heather was nice enough to agree to watch Lilly for us while we went out to an afternoon of fun at Dave and Busters. We had never been before but had been wanting to go and this was the perfect opportunity. We played so many fun games and won a TON of tickets. We traded all of our tickets and decided to get Lilly the biggest Elmo we had ever seen. After D&B we went to Dairy Queen for some ice cream and then headed back to be with our family. We were all settled down after dinner and I was watching food network (I was pretty excited about that since we don't get that channel) minding my own when one of the younger boys came over to me and said "don't look in the kitchen, there's a surprise for your birthday in there". Of course I looked and started cracking up, he was so serious too, I don't think he meant to spill the beans, but it was sweet none the less. So after that we enjoyed some yummy cake we spent the night chit chatting and decided to go to bed early since we were all exhausted. I couldn't have asked for a better day or better people to share it with. Ziff and I had a great day, talking and laughing and just enjoying being Ziff and Nicole again, not mama and dada. And then our awesome family who went above and beyond to make my birthday a special one! Not much more a person could ask for.


1 comment:

Kathleen said...

cute cake!! Looks very yummy :)