Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Super special saturday storytime

Now that winter is over I am feeling a renewed desire to take the kids on outings. I know terrible right? Keeping them cooped up all winter. But I am trying to make up for it now. I saw one day while I was out running errands that there was a very special story time happening at Barnes and Nobles and so I decided to take the kids. We invited our playgroup friends along and we geared up for some fun! The Very Hungry Caterpillar and The very Quiet Cricket were the stories being read, which are 2 favorites in our house! After story time the kids got a cookie and got to visit with some dressed up animal friends and then got to make a special craft! It's to bad her friends were a little scared by the costumed people, other wise I think I would say that this special Saturday story time was a total hit!
After we were finished at Barnes and Nobles we went to a nearby park and had a picnic and played with our friends and enjoyed the beautiful weather. It was a great Saturday. The only thing that would have made it better was if Ziff didn't have to work and could have joined us.

No comments: