Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Real housewives

A few weeks ago I was chatting with a friend and we were talking about how helpful Lilly is around the house. How she loves to do laundry, dishes, sweep, and bake and how she is actually pretty helpful when doing these things. My friends response to this was: "you are raising quite the little housewife". I am still not sure if there was a hint of sarcasm behind the comment, but it doesn't matter because I was thrilled! What a compliment to know that I am raising Lilly up to be a good housewife. It is such a lost breed of woman that we need more women ready to do the things women do.

Please don't get me wrong I would love for Lilly to go to college and get a great education and do whatever her heart desires, but I would also love for her to be ready to care for a husband and kids and care for a home with a tender woman's touch. I know that I am far from perfect as a housewife and I learn new things everyday, but being raised with no mom I think I'm doing alright.

Forget Real housewives of Atlanta, New York and Orange county! I say they need a show about real life housewives and the things that we go through everyday. Real housewives of Fort Collins!!!!

No comments: