Thursday, February 5, 2009

Remembering


Though Oklahoma is a terrible place to live and i would never wish anyone to have to go there, there is one thing there that keeps me going back. My mom was buried there after passing away in April of 1991. We left Oklahoma in the summer of 1991 and moved to Seattle and I have never been back since... in fact this was my first time at the grave site. Thankfully Ziff and Lilly were there with me and it was their first time as well. It was a hard day but it was well needed. It gave Ziff and I a sense a relief having been there for ourselves and being able just be there with her memory alive and well. Lilly was talking to her grandma as though she was there and who knows maybe she was there with us, cause Lilly was talking to someone and she wasn't looking at Ziff or i she was looking at grandma. We will always remember the amazing woman that gave me life and then gave her life for me.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have no doubt Lilly was talking to her grandma. Babies can see through the veil until they can speak. I'm glad you got to go.